What is sprouted whole wheat?
The wheat seed is a grain in which the sprouted process has started. The seed has begun to sprout or germinate. Once the germination has begun, it is quickly stopped. The seeds are then dried and ready to be ground for flour.
Benefits of sprouted whole wheat.
- Has lower carbohydrate content
- Lower on the glycemic index than most other breads
- Lower in calories
- Higher in Proteins, Fiber, Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Vitamin E, and Beta-Carotene
- Easier to digest! Who doesn’t need this??!!
- Lower gluten levels
- Eliminated phytic acid–so you body can absorb the nutrients (the acid is a blocker)
Adding sprouted whole wheat to your diet is such a great option! Only a slice or two on occasion though, as it still can be too much of a carb load if you overdue it! Enjoy!