Since starting my healthy fat/healthy carbs lifestyle 3 years ago, I have made many a flops in the dessert category? How bout you? A few that had way too little of sweetness, some that had too much bitter stevia…..well, this dessert is one that’s hard to screw up! I love the caramel recipe in these bars! In fact, I use it in my Sprouted Caramel Rolls! It is so good and has a great flavor. (Watch for recipe coming soon!)
For the Caramel Cookie Bar recipe, I used my tried and true sugar-free caramel recipe from the website Nana’s Little Kitchen. They were so kind and sweet to let me share any of their great recipes!! Brooke’s Five Minute Carmel Sauce is so easy to make and delicious!
The Sauce includes Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet, which is a product I love and I think you will love it too! You can also use Truvia, but make sure it is the product that does not contain sugar! Look at the Ingredients List to make sure! You can also use my homemade Gentle Sweet, which is quick and easy! You do need to order the ingredients or buy from a local Health food store! Do NOT feed leftover THM Gentle Sweet to dogs, it can harm them! PS. They do make a version of Gentle Sweet without xylitol!
Homemade Gentle Sweet
- 1 Cup Vitacost Xylitol
- 1 Cup Vitacost Erythritol
- 3/4 Tsp Pure Stevia
- Put ingredients in a air tight container and shake.
- You may need to grind ingredients in a coffee grinder for some recipes!
Have you shopped at Vitacost? It is my favorite place for xylitol and erythritol! You only need to spend $25 in Vitacost brand products for free shipping! Hurray! I don’t make any affiliate money off of them, I just love their products! Xylitol and Erythritol are natural sweeteners. To learn more about them, click here.
These bars are super easy to make and come together fast! Make sure you store them in the refrigerator and they will keep well! Enjoy!
Caramel Cookie Bars
- Small Bowl
- Small Cooking Pan
- 9 X 13 Inch Pan
- Measuring Cups
- 1 Cup Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Stick Butter Do not substitute
- 1/4 Cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or Truvia Make sure Truvia is sugar-free
- 1 Cup Bake Believe Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shreaded Cocconut
- 1/2 Cup Salted Peanuts crushed
Brooke's Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 tsp Blackstrap Molasses
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum *optional
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine butter, flour, oats, and 1/4 cup Sweetener.
- Combine well until crumbly.
- Press mixture into a 9X13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, coconut and peanuts over crust.
- For the sauce, in small saucepan, combine butter, sweetener, molasses, and cream.
- Stir well. (Brooke uses a microwave and heats mixture for 2 minutes. Stir well.)
- Add salt and vanilla. If you would like the sauce not to seperate, add Xanthan Gum.
- Pour warm sauce over chocolate chip mixture and imediately put into oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Enjoy! Store in refregrator.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did! Confession, I ate the whole 9 X 13 pan by myself in less than a few days……
Keep your body, soul and mind healthy! ~Marcy